Time To Brush Up On Your Expressive Painting Skills
In this episode of Bacon Bits you will discover various abstract still life painting techniques. This step-by-step video demo is loaded with inspiring methods to loosen you up and have some fun making art.
When creating art I'm always on the prowl to try new things. And this still life lesson illustrates exactly that! To paint the simple yet extraordinary coffee cup I will use a toothbrush to apply the majority of the paint. And I will add some words to the art giving it an illustration type of finish.
What You Need To Know
Here are a few pointers from the demo.
- I started with 11x14 inch Bristol paper that was previously used for an afternoon fun painting project with my son.
- Paint is heavy body acrylics.
- A square brush was used to add text/words.
- The toothbrush was used to paint the majority of cup and background.
- A liner brush was used to add details and highlights.
How To Access More Awesome Demos Like This?
Be sure to visit painthog.com where you can get immediate access to high-quality, fun art making tutorials like this one.
Oh, and did I mention there are free and premium memberships that start at $1 per month!? That's an incredible value for some amazing courses.
And you patronage will go a long way in helping me create even better content.
Click here to learn more about memberships
Need Acrylic Painting Supplies?
Click here to view my suggest materials and purchase links.