How to Quickly Improve Your Acrylic Paintings - Three Tips For Beginners
How to Quickly Improve Your Acrylic Paintings
Three free lessons on how to quickly improve your acrylic paintings. These tips are a must have for beginner and intermediate artists. Your will learn:
- The two properties of acrylics
- Why your paintings/colors are muddy
- Mind your water - avoid this very common mistake
Apply these basic acrylic painting practices to your art routine and watch your paintings improve dramatically.
What You Need To Know
- Use thick paint to achieve opaque layers.
- Dilute acrylics with water to create transparent layers.
- This is important to understand because using opaque and transparent qualities in your work will help you allow your layers to work harmoniously. In some cases you may desire a thick, or undiluted layer to achieve a strong edge. In other cases you may want to opt for a transparent layer so that you can allow the layers, and strokes beneath it to be slightly visible.
- Avoid overpainting. If you do not like what you just painted, just wait! It will dry quickly and you can then add a layer over it.
- Dirty water will contaminate your colors. Muddy art is often a result of overpainting, and dirty water.