Three Day Workshop - Greenville, SC
Join Robert for a three day workshop event in beautiful Greenville, SC. Each day is designed to teach you unique expressive painting techniques using acrylics and mixed media. Below you will discover a brief description of what to expect each day.
Day One - Construct & Deconstruct
The idea behind the technique is to illustrate how important it is to know your subject before you attempt to abstract it. Most beginners, and impatient artists, tend to go for finished art way too soon. So, their ability to paint abstract subjects typically flounders because they do not understand how to do it. In short, they do not fully understand how their subject is constructed and more importantly what shapes, features and details need to be included for it to become believable.
Day 2 - 5 Stages Of A Painting
Learn to simplify your creative process. Many artists paint in circles because they fail to understand, or develop a practical workflow. When to add details, light & shadow, etc.These lessons are designed to teach you how to eliminate the many common mistakes artists make by understanding how a work of art should be developed from the beginning composition stages to finishing with the details.
- Color (Arbitrary or Local)
- Light & Shadow
Day 3 - The Art Of Interpretation
An in-depth look at how to develop expressive subjects & styles. These techniques will completely change how you approach your subjects by giving you endless possibilities to abstract them using acrylics & mixed media.
- 6 - 18x24in. drawing paper (any size will do but avoid it being too small)
- 4 - 22x30in. 140 lb. watercolor paper, CP, or HP will do
- Artist Grade heavy body acrylics (your choice of colors)
- Charcoal, compressed charcoal, graphite 6B, or pastel pencils (a variety of each so you can explore)
- 3 Acrylic Inks - (your choice of colors)
- 4 Crayons - Caran D'ache (your choice of colors)
- Drawing board - I use Gator Board
- Tape, or clips for attaching paper to board
- Paper towels
- Paint Palette
- Water reservoirs (washing & diluting)
Need Help With Materials? Material Purchase Info/Links
This event is hosted by Vino & Van Gogh. To sign up please use the button/link below to reserve your spot. Spaces are limited!