Explore Places You've Been And Discover Others That You've Always Wanted To Paint.
This is free tutorial you will discover tips for discovering new subjects to paint. I won't beat around the bush so the tool I'm referring to is Google Maps. But there are various ways to use Google maps and I'll share my favorite method.
It's helped me find a lot of fantastic subjects and I'm sure it will do the same for you. And it only takes a computer, internet connection and the ability to make a few clicks and you can explore different parts of the world.
I'm sharing this idea with you because it's exactly how I discovered my inspiration for a recent online workshop. Even though it's not necessarily part of the core lessons I thought you would appreciate having a look when you have some free time.
Give A Try;
- Visit google.com/maps/
- Type in city, address or wherever it is you want to explore in the top left hand of the screen.
- Once you are in the area you want to explore use the '+' to zoom in until you see the blue lines.
- Now click and drag the person icon onto any blue line.
- From this point you should have a street view and click on the street to advance in any direction.
- Note: If you get lost simply use the '-' in the lower right and it will zoom out to a larger view.
Need more instructions?: Use the link below to find out more about using Google Street Maps
Have fun exploring!